Non-surgical facelifts are today’s modern approach to skin rejuvenation. When looking for ways to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, frown lines, or sagging skin, many people seek the help of these facelifts. Every year, millions of patients opt for minimally invasive or non-surgical procedures to alter their skin’s appearance. Overall, women resort more to non-surgical cosmetic procedures, and this 2% up on men is no surprise. Because non-invasive procedures such as non-surgical facelifts are generally more affordable, they require less recovery time than more invasive, surgical ones.
Today, let’s know how good non-surgical facelifts are, how this procedure works, the benefits and limitations these various non-surgical approaches to facial rejuvenation have to offer, and potentially discover how these facelifts can change your life.
What are Non-Surgical Facelifts?
Non-surgical facelifts are combinations of minimally invasive and non-surgical procedures. They are designed to rejuvenate and refresh one’s skin appearance. Unlike surgical facelifts, these techniques require no large incisions, general anesthesia, or even overnight hospitalization.
Pros of Non-Surgical Facelifts
- Fast and efficient
- Minimal discomfort
- No need for general anesthesia
- Temporarily allows you to try out a new look
Cons of Non-surgical Facelifts
- Shows moderate and less dramatic results
- Repeated treatments are needed for optimal results
- Costs can rev up over months of additional sessions
The Components of Non-surgical Facelifts
All non-surgical facelifts are custom-tailored to meet a patient’s individual needs. A wide array of non-invasive techniques is available in the cosmetic market nowadays. These procedures range from addressing anything from fine lines, acne scarring, lax skin, deep creases, sunken cheeks, thin lips, large pores, and facial volume loss. Typical components of non-surgical facelifts usually include the following:
- Botox – offers unmatched wrinkle reduction. Often used in smoothing out forehead creases, frown lines, and crow’s feet, Botox works on any dynamic wrinkle. As it temporarily relaxes the targeted muscle, Botox works by smoothing lines associated with repetitive expressions.
- Dermal fillers – are a cornerstone of non-surgical facelifts. These smooth-gel injectables restore volume loss along the cheeks, lips, temples, and under the eyes right after delivery. It also plumps sunken areas, eliminates dark shadows, and eventually creates youthful vibrancy.
- Fat injections – are semi-invasive procedures that use fatty tissue extracted through liposuction from different body areas. Once cleaned and processed, these fat cells are reinjected into the face, enhancing facial volume. These living fat cells will integrate with existing tissues and offer youthful contours that will last for years.
Benefits of Non-surgical Facelifts
Although non-surgical facelifts are less likely to give the same dramatic results as surgical facelifts would offer, non-invasive procedures like these can be very effective at targeting:
- facial volume loss
- wrinkles and deep creases
- skin tone and texture
That said, here are some of the significant benefits of non-surgical facelifts:
- Lesser recovery time – Generally, recovering from this procedure is significantly less. Compared to some techniques, you can be back at work the same day.
- Quick to get in and out of the doctor’s office – Many non-surgical facelifts take less than an hour to complete.
- Minimal discomfort – Unlike surgical procedures, non-surgical facelifts usually have minimal aftercare. In most instances, you can manage any discomfort with over-the-counter pain medication.
- Fewer risks overall – Because you don’t need general anesthesia or large incisions, fewer risks are typically involved with non-surgical facelifts.
How Do Non-Surgical Facelifts Work
These non-surgical facelifts work best depending on what patients want to change. Some of the most popular requests include:
- fewer wrinkles
- tighter skin
- more radiant skin
All these requests can be addressed without the hassle of getting cut by a scalpel. Based on your concerns, your dermatologist or plastic surgeon can help you decide what non-surgical procedure can work best for your non-surgical facelift.
Microneedling with Natural Growth Factor Injections and dermal fillers are part of the non-surgical facelifts. These procedures help sculpt facial contours, rejuvenating your skin tone and texture. Your skin will not only appear younger; it is more youthful and becomes revitalized at the cellular level. The non-surgical facelift treatment itself is a 4-step process:
- First, dermal filler injectables contour your features. Then, exclusive injection techniques preserve your natural contours, simultaneously creating a younger facial shape.
- Next, practitioners draw your blood and separate the Natural Growth Factor Injections with the help of lab-grade centrifugal technology. The prepared Natural Growth Factor Injections has eight (8) vital growth factors that aid in healing injured tissues, making your skin ready for revitalization.
- Third, the prepared Natural Growth Factor Injections is injected into your face in a particular manner. Once administered, growth factors will prompt the stem cells to create new tissues, like how they do when healing injuries.
- Finally, the last step involves a unique skincare regimen that promotes good circulation in your face that contributes to longer-lasting results.
Frequently Asked Questions About Non-Surgical Facelifts
“Am I a good candidate for non-surgical facelifts?”
Almost all of us can truly benefit from having non-surgical facelifts. Injectables that are hyaluronic acid-based are well-tolerated, and the Natural Growth Factor Injections component of this procedure comes from the patient. In addition, there’s minimal risk of adverse reactions to these injections. So, yes, you can be a good candidate. But the best thing to do? You should consult your doctor or healthcare provider to know if non-surgical facelifts suit your skin concerns.
“Is there any downtime involved in these treatments?”
There’s minimal downtime involving non-surgical facelifts with only mild side effects after the procedure. These after-effects may include itching, redness, and swelling and will subside after a few days.
“What results can I expect from non-surgical facelifts?”
This aspect is where non-surgical facelifts genuinely shine. Dermal fillers injectables used in this process immediately improve your facial contours while lifting and adding volume to your skin. The Natural Growth Factor Injectionscomponent brings brilliant clarity and even tone to one’s complexion within 2-3 weeks. Noticeable benefits will accumulate for 2-3 months as collagen builds up and firms your skin. You should enjoy visible radiant youthfulness for 1-2 years.
Non-Surgical Facelifts – Are They Good?
Non-surgical facelifts offer you natural-looking results, are known to be cost-effective, provide fewer risks, and have minimal downtime, unlike traditional surgical facelifts. They can be effective options if you want to:
- reduce wrinkles and frown lines from appearing
- add skin volume and firmness
- improve skin texture and smoothness
Even though risks and complications are always possible with any cosmetic technique, side effects from non-surgical facelifts tend to be at its very minimal. The most common side effects, however, still exist and typically include:
Suppose you want to minimize the complications you can potentially get from non-surgical facelifts. In that case, you must always work with experienced board-certified dermatologists or plastic surgeons to administer this procedure for you.
Non-surgical facelifts could be the procedure you’ve always sought when dealing with skin concerns. Talk to skin experts to know more about how you can take advantage of these non-surgical facelifts and rejuvenate your skin.